Accident Medical Insurance
Anyone injured while attending a covered, sponsored, or supervised activity or event.
Coverage is provided for medical expenses incurred up to the selected limit while attending a sponsored activity or event. Each accident has a $25.00 deductible.
The territory of this policy is the USA.
The policy period is one calendar year. You may choose the effective date of your policy as it will expire the same day the following year.
- Have the premises inspected prior to use
- Establish a maximum number of attendees for your event
- Make sure there is adequate space, circulation routes and emergency exits for your event
- Clearly define designated access routes
- Designated entrance and exit points
- Lock areas of building not in use
- Tape off / mark areas that are out of bounds
- Have a one volunteer to four children ratio when determining the number of supervisors needed
- Establish and agree on emergency procedures in case of an incident
- Have vendor attendants constantly watch the activities on equipment they supply
- Have equipment that is supplied by an outside vendor inspected prior to the first use
- Have first aid equipment ready and available on-site
- Designate qualified first aid volunteers for your event
- Make sure a telephone is available in case of emergency
- Use cable covers on all wires to prevent tripping accidents
- Be sure that any spills are cleaned up immediately
- Ensure that arrangements are made for clearing up and safely disposing of any trash left after your event
While you will find our Accident Medical coverage to be one of the broadest in the country, there are some specific exclusions usual to this form of Accident Medical insurance. The following is only a summary and is not all inclusive, nor does it alter or waive any of the actual policy language.
There is NO coverage, or coverage is excluded for loss or claims arising out of:
- Sickness, disease or infections
- Intentional self-destruction or an attempt at it, or intentional self-inflicted injury while sane or insane (if a Missouri contract, while sane)
- War or an act of war, declared or undeclared
- Air travel unless the insured is a passenger on a regularly scheduled flight of a properly licensed commercial airline