One Day Event Liability starts at $50.

Special Event Liability Insurance provides protection for an event holder, exhibitor, concessionaire or vendor for situations in which they must defend themselves against lawsuits or pay damages for bodily injury or property damage to third parties. This policy may also provide some protection to the venue as an Additional Insured with a Certificate of Insurance when required.  



One Day Event Insurance FAQs

Most events are covered through an annual policy with Protect Your Nonprofit by RVNA. However, your annual policy only covers the providing of alcohol if there is no charge or money received by your group. If your group is planning an event, such as a silent auction, you can purchase liquor liability through our special event website. Protect Your Nonprofit strongly suggests that when hosting ANY event where alcohol is available, even if it’s provided directly through a bartender who is collecting the money, you should purchase special event liability insurance with liquor liability.

Yes. RVNA’s Special Event Insurance is available to nonprofits who are hosting a short term event. With our Special Event Insurance, we offer the same convenience as our annual policy where you can select only the coverage your group needs including Liquor Liability for events where alcohol is available.

Host liquor liability Insurance is included at no additional charge with the RVNA Special Event Liability Insurance Policy. Host Liquor Liability Insurance provides protection for an event holder against bodily injury or property damage suits brought by parties whose injuries arise from actions of an intoxicated event guest. Host Liquor Liability coverage applies only if there is no transfer of money for alcohol or service/product packages that include alcohol. If there is any transfer of money and alcohol is served, Host Liquor Liability coverage does not apply. You would need Liquor Liability coverage to provide the proper protection.

Liquor Liability Insurance is available as an optional coverage when purchasing Special Event Liability Insurance. Liquor Liability Insurance provides coverage and defense for an event holder who receives money for alcohol and is sued for bodily injury or property damage caused by intoxicated event guests. If there is any money changing hands and alcohol is served, Liquor Liability coverage provides the proper protection. It also provides coverage if the event holder violates any statute, ordinance or regulation relating to the sale, gift, distribution or use of alcoholic beverages.

Coverages available:

• General Liability (Bodily Injury/Property Damage)
• Care, Custody or Control Liability (Third Party Property Damage)($2,500 Deductible)
• Collapse of Temporary Structure Liability
• Contractual Liability
• Damage to Premises
• Hired and Non-Owned Auto Liability
Liquor Liability (For the sale of alcohol)
• Medical Payments
• Terrorism
• Third Party Property Damage (Care, Custody or Control Liability)($2,500 Deductible)
• Waiver of Subrogation